The evaluation of the team’s actual telephone sales skills is critical to the success of any sales training effort. If you don’t know where you are, it’s hard to move forward effectively.
However, my program absolutely requires an evaluation as training content is specifically geared to and dependent on what your team actually needs. And I do this based on actual observation and analysis of live sales calls (no guessing).
The evaluation consists of the following:
- Management Goals and Objectives: This evaluation is driven by an investigation with management of the key goals and objectives, the best-known selling practices of your sales process, and the current documentation of the sales process,
- Live Sales Call Analysis: A thorough examination is made of live sales calls by each rep. A detail check sheet is used to evaluate numerous criteria in the calls and determine the actual strengths and weaknesses of the team.
- Sales Theory Testing: Reps are tested to determine their current knowledge level of “sales theory” so we can determine key theory gaps that need filling during training.
- Background and Troubleshooting Investigation: A complete background and troubleshooting investigation is done to help me learn about the reps, discover the strengths and weaknesses of their selling environment, and finally to ferret out any potential “sales prevention” factors in that environment.
- Key Productivity Factor Review: Additionally, I do a short review of some key productivity factors to help the line manager understand how to improve rep output.
All of this data is then integrated into a “Strengths, Weaknesses And Recommendations Report” and presented to management.
This is a part of our training programs, but can be purchases separately if you simply wish to evaluate your team.
To give you an idea of the detail and depth of my evaluation process you can get a free copy of my “Voice-Mail Message Evaluation Tool” by filling out the form to the right of this article.
You should grab a copy while it’s free — if used as intended, this tool will help you remarkably improve your team’s handling of this critical selling function. Fill in the form to the right to get your copy.