Inside Sales Training System
For Internal Sales Skills Development
The purpose of the Inside Sales Training System is to empower the line inside sales manager with the ability to provide effective results-producing training and coaching to the inside sales team.
Why the inside sales or line sales manager?
Because he or she is absolutely the best person to change the selling behaviors of the inside salespeople. And now, with this telephone sales training system you have all the tools and structure necessary to outperform any internal or external training organization.
- The line manage has a direct relationship with the salespeople
No other person in the organization, training staff, and certainly not and outside organization, is going to know more about the strengths, weaknesses, habits, and territory of the salesperson than their line manager. No one is better qualified to help. And no one has a closer relationship.
- The line manager full vision of all selling activities
The line manager’s front row seat allows for the best and fullest observation of the salespeople’s efforts. Without such observation, it is very difficult to tell if a training effort is working because you cannot see if day-to-day behaviors are changing.
- The line manager in fully engaged in, and knowledgeable of, the sales process
The biggest failing of most sales training is that techniques not taught from within the sales process but rather as additions to that process. Neither an outside or internal training entity has a better understanding of the current sales process and how and where specific skills are needed or should be employed.
- The line manager is constantly present
This may be the most important factor of all. Only the manager can provide weekly training and coaching on demand for the salespeople. And as with all competitive activities training and coaching must be a regular and constant activity.
These four critical factors make the line manager the only person who can deliver effective training to the salespeople. this inside sales training system gives managers the structures and methods to do so effectively
Why You Must Act
It is my observation over 38 years of working with inside groups that most don’t run anywhere near what they could be producing. This fact is easily demonstrated for anyone that has any doubts.
The primary reason this occurs is that line managers don’t have the ability to deliver the regular and consistent training and coaching that nearly every professional competitor in the world receives in order to be at the top of their game. This inside sales training system provides the vehicle they need to do so.
One of the biggest challenges in creating high performance groups is the need for a regular and consistent sales training and coaching effort. Since most companies cannot afford to keep an outside training organization on retainer full time, and rarely have a dedicated sales training group internally, the tasks falls to the sales organization.
It is an observable fact that nearly every professional competitor in the world needs a coach to perform at the highest levels. Today’s highly competitive sales environment makes this truer than it has ever been.
Using this inside sales training system will allow you to run your inside sales team to run at the highest levels of performance. Achieving the highest levels of performance requires inside sales reps receive regular and consistent training and coaching.
This powerful Inside Sales Training System will empower your inside sales manager to do just that.
Here’s a brief description of training system.
The Inside Sales Training system includes the following:
- Provides a “tactically” oriented approach to improving the team’s efforts completely focused on changing behaviors
- Provides a complete self-contained structure for a line manager to execute an internal sales skills training and coaching program
- Provides a methodology for effectively evaluating team and individual skills
- Provides a leadership model for developing a “learning culture” within the inside team
- Defines self-driven method for developing quality sales training content that is sales process centric without external resources
- Provides a methodology for adopting external best practices from sources such as: executive management’s objectives, books, or outside training programs like SPIN®.
- Includes a design method for producing sales training content materials (Building a Sales Training Binder)
- Provides a methodology for easily converting sales training content into a sales process document
- Contains a system for documenting the sales process and creating a “sales process document” (Building a Sales Process Binder)
- Include a well defined structure for running the sales training sessions (both theory and coaching style)
- Is based on most powerful group and individual coaching method known for inside sales reps (Live call analysis)
- Includes a 3-month corporate account giving sales and management access to a wealth of sales training content and tools that can be use or incorporated into your internal training program (TeleSalesUniversity.com website).
What the Inside Sales Training System Does
- Allows the line manager to install a tactically driven, easily manageable, and time efficient sales training and coaching program that will generate immediate and visible results
- Shows the manager how to evaluate skills and focus the program
- Shows the manager how to run effective behavior-changing training
- Shows the manager how to create quality training content with or without outside resources
- Shows the manager how document and fix the sales process based on that content
- Improves sales call quality immediately
- Improves the managers ability and coaching skills (through the development of sales training materials)
- Automatically continues to improve the sales process through effective documentation
- Gives the manager a method for capturing and leveraging any external sales content or training resources. This includes management objectives for the team.
- Shows the manager how to get the team members involved in their own “self-development” (Making them better and more able people.).
The telephone training system requires only three simple things for success:
- A sales manager with reasonably good selling skills. Someone who can listen to or observe a sales call and see ways to improve it.
- A willingness to install and use the tools provided on a regular basis (weekly or bi-weekly at least)
- The backing of executive sales management
And these two things will improve the results:
- Senior sales and marketing management’s support of the manager’s activities and efforts
- A line manager who becomes a avid student of sales theory – actively pursues sales knowledge
What this program will produce:
This “Inside Sales Training System” will produce immediate (often remarkable) changes in the quality of the sales calls made by team members. The monkey-proof self-driven nature of the program structure will literally force positive behavior changes in spite of any other factors (Providing it’s used of course.).
It will document and improve the sales process while providing the manager with better and better tools for training and coaching the team. In fact the resulting documentation may cut the training time by new salespeople in half or even more.
And it will enable inside sales managers for the first time, the ability to capture and incorporate the best practices of external sources such as outside training. Thus the training won’t leave with the trainers.
On multiple occasions, I have personally produced 300% increases in sales revenues in periods of 3-8 months in groups which I have taken over.
Call today to set up an appointment to discuss the potential of this system has to increase revenues and free your company from the expense of outside training organizations while producing far greater and permanent results.
Call Flyn @ 408-296-6880 Or email me at:Flyn@penoyer.com